Friday 13 June 2008

Oh no, what have you done

One of the entertaining things about using Google products is that you never know when they’re going to upgrade something without notice and leave you pleasantly surprised for the day.

This just happened to me when, lounging around and toying with the N95, I logged onto Google Reader and was startled to find myself staring at a new interface. And lo, it was shiny and neat and very... iPhone-looking. In fact, one of the posts in my reading list detailed that it was an S60 specific interface that was, essentially, an adapted version of the iPhone specific interface. So there you are, then.


My problem is that it doesn't actually seem to be an improvement. Shiny and strokeable, yes. Better, no.


You see, S60 is not (yet) touch-screen and in the absence of touch-screen a more compact list where the cursor jumps from link to link is actually more useful.


I have a nasty suspicion that Google have done something because it looks good, not because it works. This does not bode well.

No comments:

Search This Blog