Thursday 19 June 2008

Vrrrrrooooommm! (Edited for silly mistake)

I have been known, in the past, to comment that I demand my mobiles, from now henceforth, to have 3G and, since it's available, there's no excuse to not use HSDPA, aka 3.5G. But I hadn't really appreciated just how good that can be.

Ironically (or not), I avoid using mobile Internet where possible, due to the cost of the thing and Vodafone's reactionary, out-of-touch, idiotic, backwards, insulting practice of charging for modern-day data usage in 5-minute blocks, not data downloaded.

But, I am paying for $350 worth of credit every month and calls and texts don't break into tripple figures, so what the hell... And I downloaded the ShoZu client (I won't link, the home page is far too gaggingly bright and chirpy for me to send any more random clicks their way) and it was a nearly 1MB download, and Sweet Yeti of the Serengeti, that's fast!

I was expecting to put the phone down and pick it up some time later, and instead I got zoom-zoom! Done, thank you for playing!

It seems that we really do have V12 mobile Internet, and this is only the measly HSDPAv1 version, not the HSDPAv2 6.0HE version!

(P.S.: I leave all the television and automobile references as an exercise to the reader :) )

No comments:

Search This Blog