Sunday 25 November 2007

Ha! I can predict the future!

Well, not really.

But back on Thursday, July 12, in my post "The Great Global Warming Swindle Swindle", I wrote this paragraph:

"I'm not quite sure, these days, what to make of the Australian Democrats. They're consistently less unworkably extremist than the Greens, but as minor parties go they appear to have fallen into the trap of not being controversial enough to be visible."

Now what happens? They nosedive out of political life, losing both seats, if my news feeds this morning are anything to go by. I'm sorry to see Andrew Bartlett go (the only openly goth MP in Australia), but I can't help but think that they bought it upon themselves by, well, not bringing success upon themselves.

Which disappoints me, but I generally like the Democrats. Liked.

No comments:

Search This Blog