Tuesday 17 July 2007

There really is nothing new under the sun.

And I say "sun" advisedy.

This seems like an eco-utopia SF novel coming true right before your very eyes. It's also a really cool demonstration of just how fantastically the processes of evolution have created powerful, efficient systems that rival or better anything we'd been able to do so far.

A new generation of solar cells will use photosynthystic (I'm truly sorry if that's the wrong word, I believe it's made up) processes instead of the photovoltaic effect.

I've been waiting years for this. I would like to have a moss-covered roof that powers my air-conditioning and stereo system.

Now there's a completely unrelated thought: How about putting a small electricity-generating water turbine in the downpipe from your roof to your water tank, so that you get free water and generate electricity during every downpour?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the truth on Global Warming please take time to read the article entitled Nothing New Under the Sun hosted by www.thegiftofgod.co.uk

Search This Blog