- Attempting to improve the living standards and future prospects of the very young: Good
- Removing children from their families and putting them in foster care as a last resort if their living conditions are abusive and/or abysmal: Good
- Using foster care as a whole-sale attempt to destroy an entire culture and language without first supporting that culture to grow and adapt to a changing world: Atrocious.
And now that we have government investigations, a demand for an apology and compensation, and what appears to be a worrying tendency to use "the stolen generation" as a sort of holocaust-style catch-all attempt to induce guilt in mainstream Australia, we have this little scenario:
- Girl, aboriginal, less than 10, gets removed from her community because she's being sexually abused: Good
- Girl gets placed in foster care with a white family: If that's what was available, okay.
- Girl, aged about 10, gets removed from foster care and sent back to her community because leaving her with a white foster family would be tantamount to "a second stolen generation": WTF?
- Girl, aged 10, gets gang-raped in her community. FOR FUCK'S SAKE WHAT HAPPENED?
Just to make the story complete, and to set this little girl up for just about the most miserable self-esteem and life anyone in this dubiously first-world country can have, the magistrate sentencing the pack of low-life throw-backs who raped her gave them light sentences, some of them even with no convictions recorded, because "she probably consented". Consent? THAT'S WHAT IT'S CALLED STATUTORY RAPE YOU BRAINLESS DING-BAT. The law should not care if she consented or if she just refused to express an opinion, she is under-age by federal law. Ergo, she can not legally provide consent. Oh yes, and the entire pack of rapists are pederasts.
I don't believe in punishment for punishment's sake, I really don't, but there are times when castration looks like being the only real option.
That magistrate's judgements are being reviewed. All of them. I can't bear to think what else may come to light now.